calling on the...

7:33 pm


i've always had a fascination with all the other people born in 1998. we've been alive for the same amount of time - give or take a few months - but lead entirely different lives. i'll admit, i can be a bit petty when i see people my age who are successful and doing amazing things like amandla stenberg, jaden smith or ariel winter while i'm sitting here with my proudest achievement being i watched the entirety of friday night lights in like a week. and don't even get me started on people who are younger than me that are already taking on the world. but, i digress.

i think from the moment i conceived the idea of having my little baby that is thinking since '98, i wanted it to be a collaborative space - a beacon for everyone born in the latter year of the earth tiger and an opportunity for us all to share our art and our words. so now i'm calling on you, 98ers, to show every other year who's boss.

it's simple: send me your stories, your poems, your thoughts, your drawings, your grocery lists, your anything to thinkingsince98@gmail.com with your name, country, date of birth and any blog/social media you want me to include and i will share them with the world fortnightly (i'm not going to lockdown a specific day yet because if there's one thing i know about myself, it's that i suck at consistency). and there's only a few rules:
1. you must be born in 1998. i hope that one was obvious. is that considered ageism? sorry.
2. nothing offensive or discriminatory please. profanity is fine as long as it's justifiable. i get it. people swear. shit happens.
3. word limit is approximately 500 words but i understand if your creative juices are flowing and the brakes become a bit slippery so if it's longer, still send it through and i'll see what i can do.
4. where possible include at least one of your own pictures so your post will have a cover photo otherwise i will have to make one and i'm lazy so not including one will just prolong your submission's opportunity to see the light of day.
5. it can be something you've posted somewhere else before: if you don't mind, i don't mind.
6. a post about the '98 thinkers' project or even a mention or link on any of your blogs/social media would be great to get the word out there as it would not only help me, but it will also help you in letting your voice be heard across the void.

i hope this works and i hope to hear from you soon. let the minds of the children of '98 shine.

p.s. if you have room on your blog to chuck on  little '98 thinkers' button below i would be eternally grateful!!



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ahh okay I love the idea of this project! How many times do I look at other '98 folk and think HOW DID THEY DO IT?? Or read about all the things people did before they were 18 and I'm like ahhhh I need to get out there. So I completely love the idea and I'd love to be a part of it.

    I'm leaving to volunteer in India in a few weeks so whether I can get something to you before then, I'm not sure (it's a crazy time) but I'll be there for a year so maybe I'll have much better inspiration after I arrive.

    Love the idea though & I will totally get involved as much as possible! If you have a blog button I can put it in my sidebar?

    Love,

    Anne // www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thank you so much!! i'm so excited and grateful that you want to be part of the fun!!! plus, i know exactly what you mean - i thought this would be a great time to launch the project since all us '98 kids are stepping into adulthood so hopefully this'll give us a little creative refuge together!

      i sent you an email regarding the blog button - i can't thank you enough for your support!!

      P.S. i hope you have the most amazing time in india and i'll definitely be tuning in to hear all about it! xx

      Delete
  2. thanks for inviting me to this one! I'll send one of my works for sure! xx

    chaotic tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're most welcome! i'm honoured to be able to share your amazing work!! xoxox

      Delete
  3. Hello!! Definetly gonna write something, you've had an amazing idea and I would love to read other people's stories as well. This is so cool (sorry for being overexcited)

    xx Cecil // www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! i can't wait to read what you write - feel free to spread the word to any other 98ers out there and thank you so much!! xxx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

fellow procrastinators

Popular Posts

Subscribe